This beginners & Improvers sewing course will give you refreshment of sewing and bring back all the memories what you used to do or extra practice sewing easy craft projects once you’ve completed one of the Beginners sewing courses.
You need to bring your own sewing machine, scissors, ruler, notions… at the moment, we can not provide our sewing machines and other equipment. If you don’t have any sewing-machine, you can notice us in advance.
During this class you will lean the following techniques
Week 1 – Knowing, how to use basic sewing machine
- How to wind a bobbin up
- How to change sewing needles and sizes
- Stitches: width & length
- Practice different lines and shapes
- Simple project (e.g. pin cushion, needle case)
- Hand sewing techniques
Week 2 – Zip make-up bag with laminated fabric & cotton
- How to insert a zip
- Experienced sewing with different types of materials
- How to make boxy bottom
Week 3 – How to make an 18” zip cushion
- Learning how to put a zip on a cushion
- Precise cutting and measurement
Week 4 – Simple Tote Bag
- How to make a simple lining bag
- Use webbing
- How to insert a magnetic clasp
- How to use iron-on interfacing
This Improvers sewing course will give you further sewing practice while you make more lovely craft projects. This is a 4-week course. You’ll be able to build on the skills learned on any of the Beginners courses, and gain further confidence at cutting fabric, and using a sewing machine. You can also choose to repeat any of the projects you made in the earlier course if you’d like to improve on your first attempt. Perhaps you’d like to try it in a different size? For example the make-up bag can be made bigger for your holiday toiletries or use the tote bag technique to make bottle gift bags.
Who is this aimed at?
Improvers: those who’ve completed any of the Beginners courses and would like to continue to practice sewing and making BAGS OR Craft projects
What will I learn?
- further practice cutting fabric and using simple patterns.
- how to neaten up your sewing
- improve your sewing speed and confidence
- Lots more tips for measuring, cutting and sewing your projects
- how to use other materials such as interfacing and wadding
You’ll have the opportunity to try the other projects offered in the 4-week Beginners course, such as the tote bag and make-up bag, as well as a cushion with a zip.
Choose four from the following list:
- Tote bag with zip
- a fabric basket – useful for keeping your sewing knick-knacks
- sewing machine cover to keep your machine dust free.