This Improvers sewing course will give you extra practice sewing easy craft projects once you’ve completed one of the Beginners sewing courses.
Improvers (as a sequel to any of the Beginners sewing courses).
When can I book?
Oops, you’ve just missed this. Check again soon for more dates.
This Improvers sewing course will give you further sewing practice while you make more lovely craft projects. This is a 4-week course. You’ll be able to build on the skills learned on any of the Beginners courses, and gain further confidence at cutting fabric, and using a sewing machine. You can also choose to repeat any of the projects you made in the earlier course if you’d like to improve on your first attempt. Perhaps you’d like to try it in a different size? For example the make-up bag can be made bigger for your holiday toiletries, or use the tote bag technique to make bottle gift bags.
Who is this aimed at?
Improvers: those who’ve completed any of the Beginners courses and would like to continue to practice sewing and making BAGS OR Craft projects
What will I learn?
- further practice cutting fabric and using simple patterns.
- how to neaten up your sewing
- improve your sewing speed and confidence
- Lots more tips for measuring, cutting and sewing your projects
- how to use other materials such as interfacing and wadding
You’ll have the opportunity to try the other projects offered in the 4-week Beginners course, such as the tote bag and make-up bag, as well as a cushion with a zip.
Choose four from the following list:
- Tote bag with zip
- a fabric basket – useful for keeping your sewing knick-knacks
- sewing machine cover to keep your machine dust free.