Maximum class size: 10
SEWING-SANCTUARY RETREAT 2022
Sewing-Sanctuary brings you their new sewing retreat set in a stylish, contemporary venue in Midsomer Norton (MSN). Spend a week day or long weekend browsing fabrics, learning new techniques and creating a stylish piece of clothing that is completely unique. In between stitches you can indulge in a delicious afternoon tea and chat with like-minded creative sewists. Choose your project from the Sewing-Sanctuary range of sewing patterns and with the help of our expert advice and tuition, create a dress, top or jacket that fits you beautifully even you can make a bag to match.
Our sewing retreat is suitable for all levels of experience. There is tuition on hand for beginners and intermediate sewists who have perhaps done some small sewing projects or made simple garments in the past. The more experienced will enjoy the communal sewing spirit, the creative atmosphere.
Either you can bring own your project and fabric or choose from sewing-sanctuary patterns and fabrics. There is a local fabric shop also is near by.
There will be plenty of opportunity for one-on-one help if needed. Help and advice are on hand every step of the way, from choosing your fabric, to cutting your pattern and putting your garment together. You can learn how to make your own bias binding, how to finish an immaculate neckline, fit the perfect zipper or to move a dart where needed. Every project is individual so we can tailor it to your own style and ability level. You can feel confident tackling new techniques knowing that technical help is always on hand.
Choose your project from the Sewing-Sanctuary range of multisize patterns. The designer, Sarah, will be able to teach you the patterns and assist with your choice. Sarah will also help you to customise and pattern hack for our sewists to reflect their creative urges(!) so that each project is truly unique.
Our workshop is located in Midsomer Norton (MSN) on High Street in a building built in the late 1800s “Italianate Style” with lots of natural light from big windows, there is a sanctuary cafe on ground floor. Please bring your own sewing machine however if you cannot bring it, please contact us in advance then we can arrange one for you. We are located on the first floor and unfortunately do not have disabled access.
1 High Street, Midsomer Norton, Radstock, BA3 2LE
Midsomer Norton used to be famous for coal mining area and has developed town. Little stream run through the main high street and free parking all through the town centre. Close to Bath (24 mins with drive, plenty of local bus are available to trip, it’s only 10.9 miles), 26 mins to Cheddar Cave (Mendip Hill), 15 mins to Shepton Mallet and within 30 mins, you can visit Longleat Safari park, Glastonbury and Wells (one of the smallest cities in England). There are also great walking and cycling routes for anyone who is thinking of bringing along a non-sewing partner!
Accommodation is not included in the retreat. However there are plenty of accommodation available within 3 miles. We would be able to accommodate you near future, if you have any questions and more information, please contact us via email, email@example.com
ITINETARY MONDAY – FRIDAY COURSE
- 2pmMeet at the studio on Monday for coffee, tea and an introduction from Sarah and you can choose your project from the Sewing-Sanctuary range of patterns & fabric or bring your own project.
- 4pmonce you have chosen the project, cut out your paper patterns and be ready to start in the next morning. The studio will be open for you until 5pm.
- 10amArrive Tuesday at the studio to begin with your project. There are plenty of tasty snacks to keep you going, but save yourself for the decadent afternoon-tea-style lunch with sandwiches, cakes and a glass of Prosecco. You are free to stay and sew until 5pm.
- 10amThe studio opens again on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday morning. You can request a demonstration any techniques you would like to learn and get help you with your finishing. For those who finish their garment early on Thursday, they can make a start on new quick Makes till Friday 12.30pm for yourself or gift (e.g. simple Top, Bag). Lunch will be served in the studio on Wednesday & Thursday with Korean simple meal (e.g. dumplings, rolls & others).
- 30pm Friday will be served with sandwiches with tea and coffee at the sanctuary café and say goodbye.
Hello, I’m Nicole and I’m delighted that you’ve visited my website!
Dots ‘n’ Stripes was born out of my love for sewing. I wanted to make clothes for my daughter when she was little but couldn’t find any nice, high-quality fabrics. Embarking on a mission, I managed to find suppliers from Germany and so it began – 14 years ago now!
Since taking in my first delivery of beautiful fabrics, my catalogue has grown and grown, stocking everything from sewing accessories, fabrics and patterns, to being an official supplier of the OTTOBRE magazine, and more!
If there is something you’re looking for that you can’t find in Dots ‘n’ Stripes, please get in touch! I love a challenge and I’ll be delighted to try and help you find it.
Thank you, and happy sewing!
WHAT’S INCLUDED ON THE COURSE
- 10% off fabric purchases under £100 or £15% off purchases over £100
- Help and advice choosing your fabrics
- A decadent early afternoon-tea-style lunch with Prosecco
- A delicious korean buffet lunch
- Teas, coffees and snacks available every day in the studio
- A 30% discount on all other Sewing- Sanctuary patterns
- A 10% discount on Sewing-Sanctuary fabrics